Encryption is part of cryptography which is defined as the process of encoding of a message to limit the access of data to only authorised users. To enable encryption of data we use Encryption Softwares. These softwares are used for protecting digital information generated through computers over the internet. They convert data into Ciphertext and Encryption Software are classified on the basis of cypher used by Encryption Softwares.
10 Best Encryption Software Free, Paid and Business Tools and Services
Here are the Top 10 best Encryption Software according to us.
Among all the software I trust this one mostly because of the obvious reason. It is selected edition of Microsoft and it is available with all windows version by default. Different algorithms which are used in it and feature are mentioned here. If interested in learning how to encrypt drives with Bitlocker then you can read it at a later stage. It is given in a sequential manner.
- It is a highly advanced feature which is there is a limited version of Bitlocker which is capable of encrypting the whole device.
- You can also encrypt removable drives with the help of Bitlocker developed by Microsoft.
- It supports a variety of encryption modes which are highly full proof and safe to use.
- Spotify Converter for Windows & Mac
- Android Data Recovery Software
- eBook Reader Apps to Read eBooks
- Green Screen Software and Tools
I feel this is the best encryption software which you can use at present for windows. It allows you to perform a variety of operations such as encrypt, decrypt, compress etc. Along with a variety of operations, there are varieties of powerful features available in this software. These features can be really useful for making your data and system more secure than ever you could imagine.
- For normal use, it is provided with 128-bit encryption but in the pro version, 256-bit encryption is provided.
- It is really easy to work with.
- It also allows sharing of encrypted file with the help of AxCrypt ID.
- With the help of password management, you can store all vital passwords.
It is another tool available for making your sensitive data safe. It works on the principle of securing all data partitions and system partitions encrypted. However, one thing which is trustable about it is that it is reliable. Other than features of it are given below.
- It is supported with encryption algorithm such as AES, Two fish, Serpent along with algorithms which are a combination of these algorithms.
- DiskCryptor has full support for encryption of external storage device.
- It is under an open license for now.
It is a tool which is used majorly for compression of data but it can be used as an encryption tool too. You can create compressed files and encrypt them. Other features which you can perform are given below.
- It uses a high compression ratio in the format with LZMA and LZMA2 compression.
- 7-Zip is provided with the really powerful file manager.
- It is multilingual with language support of 87 languages.
- It has strong encryption AES-256 in 7z and ZIP formats.
CryptoForge is software which is used for allowing individuals and organisation to secure their vital and sensitive information. It can be encrypted on your or else you can upload it on the cloud where it will be stored in encrypted form. It is definitely among one of the best software which you can use for Windows 10 today. Features of CryptoForge are given as following.
- CryptoForge can support encryption of files of size up to 16TB.
- It is not encrypted with just one encryption algorithm rather it is encrypted with multiple algorithms for better safety.
- Most importantly it is easy to use.
6. Cryptainer LE
Cryptainer LE is another tool used for data encryption. I guess it is the only software which provides you with 448-bit protection of data. It creates multiple encrypted drives or vaults on your hard disk. You can use these drives whenever required along with many other features.
- It creates an encrypted disk drive (volume) which can store a variety of data.
- Cryptainer LE is capable of creating 448-bit strong encryption.
- You will also be provided with the simplicity of drag and drop operation in this software.
- Most importantly it is free to use and you will never have to pay anything. Plus you won’t have to face nag screens.
Gpg4win is developed with the major purpose of encryption of emails and also it helps in securing file. It takes into use digital signatures which prevent any unauthorised person to access this data. Major standards and all the interesting features of it are mentioned below. You can decide on that basis how powerful it is.
- Gpg4win supports automatic decryption of emails.
- It supports Elliptic curve cryptography (ECC) by the integration of GnuPG.
- Gpg4win also has the complete support of MIME/OpenPGP.
How to Encrypt Hard Disk Drive Using BitLocker:
Bitlocker is encrypting tool which comes with the Windows Operating System for encryption of data. This tool can be used as the default encrypting tool to password protect drives with passwords. I have given below steps to encrypt your hard disk.
Step 1 – First step here is to go to control panel. Then in control panel then search for Bitlocker Drive Encryption.
Step 2 – Next step here is to encrypt selected drive with Bitlocker encryption. It can be done by clicking on Turn on Bitlocker.
Step 3 – At this step set a new password and then confirm it. Once you have done it then click on Next to proceed to the next step.
Step 4 – If you want to save the encrypted key for the case of emergency then you can save it in your Microsoft account. Its because it will be more secure than any other alternatives.
Step 5 – Last step here is to start encryption and wait for a while till it is done completely and successfully.
These were some encryption software which you can use for encryption of your data. You can also encrypt data with Bitlocker protection provided by the windows. These steps are really simple to implement. If these steps are followed sequentially then you will get your result instantly without any complications. Also, these softwares are designed in such a way that you don’t need to have a lot of technical knowledge. You can see tutorials on YouTube about the software which you will select to use.